Aligned with a strengths-based philosophy, our Centre partners with other local agencies, organisations and resources to coordinate service delivery characterised by grass roots community development. We seek to further expand on and diversify our range of services and initiatives to the community, towards longstanding support of Newman residents. Some of our regular offerings includes:
- Nightfields: In partnership with Newman Police, Nightfields is a community-driven program engaging Indigenous youth in sport. The Centre coordinates a meal roster with support from local businesses and organisations to provide dinner to participants each week. Contact us if you would like your local organisation to get involved, or for more information.
- Over 55s: A weekly evening session invites this segment of our community to come along and connect over an organised activity with supper provided.
- Womens Empowerment and Networking Series: This initiative is centred around meaningful and inclusive connection opportunities. The themed events are open to all women interested in participating, including meeting others outside of their usual circles, and learning something new. Includes guest speakers, and food and drinks for a fee. Funding is made possible through the Shire of East Pilbara.
- Martu Playgroup: Weekly sessions to engage Martu children and assist the promotion of critical early development and skills through the provision of Toy Library services to encourage play-based learning.
- Skills Development and Training: A range of courses and workshops are delivered in partnership across a range of areas based on availability and capacity.